My Design Teams

Saturday 9 January 2016

It's all peachy.....and a bit blue

Hello there,

I hope you're well today.

I had a spare hour before I dinner prep this evening, so I headed to my craft room to make some cards. There is something so therapeutic about being creative and playing with colours - I blast my (country) music up loud, sing badly and get my craft on!

So tonight I decided to play with some colours that I don't use together very often....a bit of peach and a bit of blue....


I have used a combination of pretty papers, ribbon, a digi stamp birthday cake and a die-cut notelet that looks like a doilie. The notelet is part of a new set that I have, there are six different designs in the pack, but I think this is my favourite - its so pretty!

I have used two ribbons, they have been stitched to each other to keep them in place (which meant I got to use my sewing machine - woo hoo). At first I thought the blue ribbon was a little too dark, but I think I have balanced it out well with the blue cake plate in the image. I have coloured my image with my Promarkers, using an ivory colour for the cake, an orange and green for the flowers and a blue for the place. 

Finally I added a little glitter to my flowers with my Stickles.


All in all I am pretty pleased with this card. I think the colours give a delicate look to the card, which matches my fake doilie. 

I'd like to enter this card in the following card challenges:

Allsorts - ribbon and lace
Fab n Funky - something new - the diecut notelet
Cute Card Thursday - hey what's new - the diecut notelet

Pop by all these fab challenge blogs for more DT card inspiration.

Thank you for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

4 comments:

Paddington fan said...

Great colour combination Wedgie and loving the diecut notelet, so effective, Happy New Year (yep, I know I'm a bit late!!)
Love Jacky x

Wendy L said...

You are right, it is so pretty, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

Judith said...

Hi Wedgie - long time no visit! - happy new year - I would have been disapointed if your card didn't have a cake somewhere! - a lovely card thank you so much for sharing it with us at Fab'n'funky Challenges this week hugs Judith x

Kristina said...

Lovely card - love the simplicity - Thanks so much for joining us over at Fab'n'Funky Challenges!